When we came in contact with Syntell they had created complex Excel structures to manage important business processes, particularly for marketing and sales. One of the challenges with this approach was the difficulty of working together and making information available to everyone. Employees often constructed their own “CRM system” in Excel sheets locally. But when information is not available to others you could in worst case, call a potential customer whom your colleague called the day before. The basic needa was fairly simple; they wanted a user-friendly platform where people could gather and share information – to be able to work effectively with their business-critical processes.
Syntell also saw the need to make it easier to work with categorizations and monitor different segments of the market. They also wanted to be able to set goals, measure and monitor their sales.
Since Syntell educate hundreds of people every year need also a way to keep track of their training sessions and who participated on the course, and when.
Syntell identified the following needs:
- Organize contacts and what they’ve said, done and promised
- Keep better track of business/project pipe
- Overall view of the organization; business, projects, trainings, staffing. With the customer in focus
- Simple and searchable system
- Reporting and follow-up opportunities